[cricket-users] Re: cartinha p/ lista cricket

From: Marcelo A. Ferreira Gomes (mgomes@trip.com.br)
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 23:04:15 PDT

From: "Marcelo A. Ferreira Gomes" <mgomes@trip.com.br>

I've got a problem here and would like to know whether anyone has
experienced it before and/or has come up with a solution.

The thing is: my collector gathers up the data from the routers and
everything looks ok in the data files (*.rrd) as far as I can tell by using
rrdtool dump.

But sometimes, some of the graphs will only show zeroes (a flat horizontal
line covering the x axis). For instance, the hourly and weekly are zeroed
out and the daily and monthly are ok. Sometime later (after another sample
has been taken from the routers), everything is fine. Or even worse, some
of the graphs that were ok come up zeroed out and some come up fine. I see
no pattern as to which graphs will come up ok and which won't. And the
error isn't even consistent among all interfaces of a single router: at the
same moment when some interfaces have all graphs ok, some some others have
zeroed graphs.

What thrills me is that, even though it's intermitent, it's not a cacheing
problem. I've even tried deleting all of the /tmp/cricket-cache/* and all
of my browser's cache, and there's no proxy between me and the server machine.

My setup:
- Solaris 2.6 on a Sun Ultra 2,
- Perl 5.0 patchlevel 4 subversion 4,
- cricket-0.63,
- rrdtool-0.99.22,
- Digest-MD5-2.06,
- SNMP_Session-0.70,
- libwww-perl-5.42,
- Time-HiRes-01.20,
- HTML-Parser-2.22,
- URI-1.02,
- MIME-Base64-2.11,
- libnet-1.0606.

Do I miss something? I'm aware of rrdtool-0.99.25, but it's the above setup
that's giving me the problem. Since I don't see anything that could have
been the cause of my problem in the CHANGES file that comes whith 0.99.25,
I thought it was worth asking you before installing the new version.

--
Marcelo Amarante Ferreira Gomes
Computer Science analist and consultant

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Grow your list the most and receive a $5000 donation to the charity of your choice. http://www.onelist.com See our homepage for details on our new ONEreach incentive programs.