Re: [cricket-users] not reading config file and RRDp?

From: Jeff Allen (jra@corp.webtv.net)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 13:37:28 PDT

From: Jeff Allen <jra@corp.webtv.net>

Jeff Jensen wrote:
> I think you may need to have a -base argument. For example, here's how
> I run the collector directly:
>
> ./cricket/collector -base ~/cricket-config ~/cricket-config/routers

Actually, what's happening is that you must specify the subtree you
want to work on (i.e. ~/cricket-config/routers) in the same form as it
would be if you added "routers" onto the -base argument. So if your
base argument is a full path (as it is if you rely on the default,
$HOME/cricket-config) then your subtree names need to be full paths.

So, an alternative solution would be this:

                ./cricket/collector -base . ./cricket-config/routers

When I fix the ConfigTree stuff (before June 1) I'll try to make it
less sensitive to this kind of thing. On the other hand, it's only an
issue when running the collector by hand -- normally, collect-subtrees
does the right thing on it's own.

--
Jeff R. Allen                   |   jra@corp.webtv.net (work)
WebTV Networks, Inc.            |   jeff.allen@acm.org (personal)