[cricket-users] Beginner's Question

From: Will Rampart (wrampart@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 11:18:19 PDT

From: "Will Rampart" <wrampart@hotmail.com>

        Well, this is obviously a beginner's question: I'm following the
directions in the beginner.txt and not having much success :(

        I'v downloaded and installed the required modules (MD5, SNMP_Session, RRD,
etc). However, its with cricket itself that I'm either confused or having
trouble with:

        I run configure in the cricket directory. Next the instructions say to
make a link to the cricket-1.00 file. I don't have a file like this. I
tried to 'make' the Makefile in the same direcotry, but that fails with the
following error:

Updating VERSION file
sh: p4: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ver'

        Am I missing something here? Extracting the tar file does produce some
binaries, should I have a cricket binary as well, or does this need to be
compiled? And if it does, can anyone help me figure out what I am doing
wrong.

        Thanks.

Who offers the richest group communications tools on the Internet?
http://www.onelist.com
Answer: ONElist. Check out our homepage for details!