Re: [cricket-users] cricket uses

From: Jim D. Kirby (jdkirby@bluebunny.com)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 07:12:29 PDT

From: "Jim D. Kirby" <jdkirby@bluebunny.com>

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. I've already hacked together
a few scripts just to automate the process of building targets and
interfaces files. None are pretty because I never put real effort into
scripts that only I'll see. But while scripting I realized the true power
of the Cricket/RRD marriage and wondered what kinds of things everyone else
was doing/scripting/tracking/graphing/etc...

I think this forum would be an ideal place for us end users to share
scripts, and add ins, and tips and tricks and war stories and unique
situations and enything.

Tim, I'm particularly interested in your "homogeneous Cisco" builder (could
you send me a copy please?). I'm also interested in what kind of details
anyone may be capturing from a Catalyst 5505 or if anyone is tracking
DE/Drop/FECN/BECN on frame relay interfaces (particularly to see if you're
getting what you paid for from the frame carrier).

But first I should ask the question: is this forum appropriate for this
kind of discussion or should a new one be created?

Jim Kirby
Network Engineer
Wells' Dairy, Inc.
http://www.bluebunny.com

Give back to your community through "Grow to Give."
http://www.ONElist.com
See homepage for details.