Re: [cricket-users] The averages in Cricket.

From: Jeff Allen (jra@corp.webtv.net)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 16:40:56 PDT

From: Jeff Allen <jra@corp.webtv.net>

Morten Guldager Jensen wrote:
> How does Cricket produce the average numbers presented in the
> summary?

Those are the values at the last update time. They are the same values
that are used to plot the rightmost bar in the graphs. They are not
averages of multiple fetches -- though they are five minute traffic
rate averages, due to the polling behavior of Cricket.

> I would like to get these numbers for my billing system, any sugestions on
> how to get my hands on them?

The best way to get data out of an RRD File is to use rrdtool's dump
option to make a text file out of the RRD file. An alternative is look
at RRD::File, which can get the value from a certain row of a certain
RRA for a certain DS. The function you want is named
getDSRowValue(). This stuff is all undocumented and used only
internally -- sorry, but I can't help too much with it.

PS: Say hello to Patrik Falstrom, if you happen to work with him!

--
Jeff R. Allen                   |   jra@corp.webtv.net (work)
WebTV Networks, Inc.            |   jeff.allen@acm.org (personal)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ONElist: the best source for group communications. http://www.onelist.com Join a new list today!