Re: [cricket-users] Is Cricket Graph Y2K compliant?

From: Jeff Allen (jra@corp.webtv.net)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 10:42:43 PDT

From: Jeff Allen <jra@corp.webtv.net>

Mulcahy, Wendy wrote:
> Please send me some information on how Cricket Graph uses dates and if it is
> Y2K compliant. Thank-you.

I just added his to the FAQ, since I guess this question will come up
now and then.

12. Is Cricket Y2K compliant?

WebTV, Cricket's most (ahem) demanding customer, has an active
Y2K compliance program. As part of that program, Cricket will
have a code review, and get repaired as necessary by September,
1999. Cricket will be in active use at WebTV through the
Y2K transition, and I will be on-call at that time to immediately fix
any problems that still occur. I will attempt to release a patch or
new version as quickly as possible after WebTV's installation is
stable.

That said, please remember that this is free software, and that it
comes with a licenses that says, in part:

    BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE
    IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED
    BY APPLICABLE LAW.

I am not a lawyer, so if you need help deciding if you can
safely use Cricket in your environment, you need to hire a
lawyer and ask him or her, not me.

--
Jeff R. Allen                   |   jra@corp.webtv.net (work)
WebTV Networks, Inc.            |   jeff.allen@acm.org (personal)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Congratulations to "M-K-ROSES," our latest ONElist of the Week. http://www.onelist.com Visit our homepage and share with us how ONElist is changing YOUR life!