[cricket-users] Bandwith usage statistics.

From: Jeff Johnson (jeff@websitefactory.net)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 08:12:44 PDT

From: jeff@websitefactory.net (Jeff Johnson)

I've just been informed that we require some of our old MRTG
data, such as the usage:

Max In:
174.4 kB/s (90.3%)
Average In:
10.2 kB/s (5.3%)
Current In:
3420.0 B/s (1.8%)

Max Out:
20.0 kB/s (10.4%)
Average Out:
6182.0 B/s (3.2%)
Current Out:
4491.0 B/s (2.3%)

MRTG 2.5.4 is giving this data, and it doesn't seem hard at all to hack
into Cricket, but I thought I'd request here before duplicating work.
This would be really great guys, and its all that prevents me from rm -rf'ing
MRTG competely. Well, almost....

When cricket generates the graphs, I have 4 perl processes taking loads of
CPU time, and it takes a few seconds to load each graph, sometimes up to
10 seconds. The server is a P166MMX, slow, but not that slow. MRTG, because
the gifs aren't generated on the fly, is instant. Would switching the
server over to FastCGI and mod_perl from CGI help increase the speed? Is
there ANYTHING I can do? This is the major #2 issues, especially when you
are navigating the switch-ports pages, with 24 or 48 ports on each switch,
the 2-3 second delays accessing the pages over a 100mbps on the local lan
aren't acceptable to my boss.

Thanks for any help.

ONElist: where the world talks!
http://www.onelist.com