Re: [cricket-users] Migrating old data from MRTG...

From: Jeff Allen (jra@corp.webtv.net)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 09:02:05 PDT

From: Jeff Allen <jra@corp.webtv.net>

Rocky - Rakesh Patel wrote:
> I have a situation where some information was gathered via MRTG and
> needs to be integrated into the current data files under cricket. In
> particular, I want to update the "yearly averages" information to fill

It sounds like you need a tool called "rrd-poke" which would let you
frob arbitrary items in the RRD file, so that oyu could put in your
old data into a new file. That tool does not exist, that I know of.

Alternatively, you could build a new file by replaying the oldest data
first (from MRTG) then replaying the data from Cricket, then finally
swapping the current Cricket file for the one you built up by
replaying the data. It'd be a bit tricky, though.

> would be appreciated. [I was unable to find an archive of this list and
> was not able to access the MRTG archive at www.mrtg.org, otherwise I
> would have checked them for information first].

The archive for this list is at www.onelist.com. As a member of the
list, you should be able to access the archives. Sorry they are not
public... that's one thing we give up going with onelist. If someone
(maybe GNAC?) would like to make an archive public, I'd appreciate
it. I chose to use Onelist because of the low admin overhead -- using
their somewhat broken archive system is one drawback to that.

--
Jeff R. Allen              |  jra@corp.webtv.net
WebTV Service Engineering  |  http://www.munitions.com/~jra

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Have you entered ONElist's "Grow to Give" program? http://www.onelist.com Deadline is June 19. Join now to win $5000 for your charity of choice.