Re: [cricket-users] Error getting twoo values

From: Tim Kennedy (sugarat@thunderhold.sugarat.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 16:16:44 PDT

From: Tim Kennedy <sugarat@thunderhold.sugarat.net>

Glenn,

Yes, it is possible. If you were graphing only 1 datasource int eh past
for a particular rrd file, and now you added one, you just confused
rrdtool. It was expecting you to continue 'get'ing 1 datasource.
You can't add new datasources, to the best of my knowledge, so you
need to delete that rrd file and then run it so the file get's built wiht
2 datasources from the start.

-Tim

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Glenn MacGregor wrote:

> From: Glenn MacGregor <gtm@oracom.com>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the response Jeff, I have figured some stuff out. Now I
> want to move on
> from graphing one point to two points. So I add a new OID the my
> Default file as well as a new datasource
> and in the targetType directive ds = "oid1, oid2" and view = "Test:
> oid1, oid2" and I have graph directives for each as well. I recompile
> and when I run I get the following error:
>
> Retrieved data for 10.32.4.1 (): +15.3,+12.3
> [28-Jun-1999 18:07:56*] Cannot update
> /homes/gtm/cricket-config/../cricket-data//oracom/10.32.4.1.rrd:
> expected 1 data source readings (got 2) from N...
>
> I know it is possible to get many points on a graph, so what have I done
> wrong?

Timothy Kennedy
Hate.org -- What do you expect?
http://gunslinger.hate.org

Who is the most visited e-mail list community Web Service?
http://www.onelist.com
ONElist.com - where more than 20 million e-mails are exchanged each day!