Re: [cricket-users] Multiple targets

From: Alan Nichols (Alan.Nichols@EBay.Sun.COM)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 14:49:59 PDT

From: Alan Nichols <Alan.Nichols@EBay.Sun.COM>

>I solved this problem for myself, by copying the BER.pm file to Cricket's lib
>directory and modified the pretty_print() subroutine to return via
>pretty_unsignedlike(), instead of pretty_uptime() when the result was an
>uptime_tag.
>
> return pretty_uptime ($packet) if $result == uptime_tag;
>
>becomes
>
> return pretty_unsignedlike ($packet) if $result == uptime_tag;

I solved this problem in exactly the same way myself.

I wonder if we should just ask the maintainer of the SNMP library to change it?
I certainly think that uptime values are more useful inside a program as a number
rather than a formatted time - if you want to print it out, you can always format
it then.

Alan

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.onelist.com
ONElist has 180,000 e-mail communities from which to choose!