Re: [cricket-users] Question

From: Glenn MacGregor (gtm@oracom.com)
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 07:45:34 PDT

From: Glenn MacGregor <gtm@oracom.com>

Jeff Allen wrote:

> Glenn MacGregor wrote:
> > percentages, for instance the percent time a value is above a static
> > number say 8. Is this possible with the current cricket and rrd?
>
> This is not possible with Cricket. However, you can use Cricket to
> collect and display the data. You can write an external tool to do the
> QoS measurements (i.e. percentage of measurements where response time
> is above 8) with an external tool that operates on the rrdump output.
>
> --
> Jeff R. Allen | jra@corp.webtv.net
> WebTV Service Engineering | http://www.munitions.com/~jra

Jeff,

    What do you think about the following scheme. Generally QoS
measurments really boil down to a yes or no (1 or 0) so if it is possible
to add another integer in the RRD file and average that. That int would
be externally boiled down to a 100 or a 0, and the resulting average
would be the correct percentage. How do I add an extra value into the
rrd file and tell it to average it?

        Thanks
                Glenn

--

Glenn MacGregor

Applications Engineer Oracom, Inc. http://www.oracom.com

Tel. +1 978.557.5710 Ext. 302 Fax +1 978.557.5716

ONElist: your connection to people who share your interests.