Re: [cricket-users] another two questions about setup..

From: Stephen J. Roznowski (sjr@home.net)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 18:00:20 PDT

From: "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@home.net>

On 15 Jul, Michael P. Burton wrote:
> (a) I get the following error message after a clean install of cricket.
> I havn't really changed anything in the config files except for like
> adding in community-name, and info about my own central campus router.
> Any clues?

> photuris ~cricket/cricket ==>./collector
> [15-Jul-1999 16:44:51 ] Starting collector: Cricket version 0.68 ( Fri Jul
> 9 20:23:27 PDT 1999 )
> Use of uninitialized value at ./collector line 56.
> [15-Jul-1999 16:44:51*] Failed to open compiled config tree from
> /config.db: No such file or directory
> Exiting due to unrecoverble error.
> photuris ~cricket/cricket ==>

It seems that you need to recompile (by hand) the first time.
[~cricket/compile] After the first time, it will recompile the database
if it changes.

This should probably be mentioned in the beginners.txt file.

Perhaps collector should be modified to do this initial compile?

-SR

Get $20 off all MotherNature brand products!