[cricket-users] Re: Help with Cricket-0.69 for newbie

From: Jeff Allen (jra@corp.webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 18:38:23 PDT

From: Jeff Allen <jra@corp.webtv.net>

Daniel Spisak wrote:
> the beginner file Jeff says to install DB_File. However, in the FAQ at the
> end he says to download BerkeleyDB 1.68 which is NOT DB_File as best as I

You mean Berkeley DB 1.86, which is the library against which DB_File
links. You have to have Berkeley DB 1.86 or higher to use DB_File, and
thus, to use Cricket.

The fact that you could run the compiler to begin with implies that
your DB_File was working OK.

For the record, you can install any version of Berkeley DB. The newer
ones work too, and they have bugs fixed in them that may be present in
version 1.86. I'll change the FAQ to be clearer.

--
Jeff R. Allen              |  jra@corp.webtv.net
WebTV Service Engineering  |  http://www.munitions.com/~jra

ONElist members are using Shared Files in great ways! http://www.onelist.com Are you? If not, see our homepage for details.