Re: [cricket-users] Again: Cascade Interfaces

From: Jan Ahrent Czmok (j.czmok@gigabell.net)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 09:26:03 PDT

From: Jan Ahrent Czmok <j.czmok@gigabell.net>

* Alan Lichty (alan_lichty@eli.net) [990720 17:50]:
> Jan -
>
> Are you trying to monitor the ATM port of a router or an ATM switch?
> If this is for a router, then the Ascend OID's won't work. The
> listinterfaces script in Cricket will properly do the physical port
> for an ATM interface by simply using the defaults for router ports.
>
> ATM PVCs will not work this way and present a whole new can of worms.
> Most versions of ATM PVC monitoring scripts for Cisco routers use a
> telnet session to get the numbers and Cricket doesn't handle this type
> of scripting very well - its a *LOT* of overhead. I finally resorted
> to a custom script that updates using RRD directly for these
> interfaces.
>
> Alan Lichty
> Internetworking Planner
> Electric Lightwave, Inc.
> (360)816-4167
>
> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Jan Ahrent Czmok wrote:

Hi Alan!

No: normal Lports like these for MLFR, pure E1s, HSSI. These Lports
which you can see by using CascadeView and "Show all Lports"

These ones... Under mrtg, i simply use the interface number, but
under cricket it would not work.

Jan

--
Jan Czmok                     Gigabell AG
Senior Network Engineer       Mainzer Landstr. 46

Show your ONElist SPIRIT! http://www.onelist.com With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.