RE: [cricket-users] collector can't find/use RRDs.pm

From: Matt Birkner (mbirkner@talus.net)
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 10:55:57 PDT

From: Matt Birkner <mbirkner@talus.net>

Matthew,
Thanks. Going into the perl directories and running through the install
procedures for both (i.e. make Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install)
does seem to have fixed the perl problems.

All,
I was also having a problem because I set up cricket in /usr/local without
setting up a special user from which to run cricket: Running 'compile'
would fail to produce any form of database and then 'collecter' would fail
because it couldn't find //cricket-config/config.db. I was able to solve
that problem by creating a symlink for cricket-config in / (i.e. ln -s
/usr/local/cricket/cricket-config /cricket-config). I'd like to suggest
that 'compile' be allowed to take as an argument the root dir in which to
look for cricket-config.

Thanks all for you help.
Matt
Matt Birkner "If they are the pillars of our community,
Systems Administrator We better keep a sharp eye on the roof"
Talus
404-684-2716
mbirkner@talus.net [Standard Views Disclaimer applies]

ONElist announces "FRIENDS & FAMILY!"
http://www.onelist.com
See homepage for details, including our weekly drawing!