[cricket-users] cricket 0.69 weirdness

From: Utsav Ratti (Utsav_Ratti@MCKINSEY.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 07:42:45 PDT

From: "Utsav Ratti" <Utsav_Ratti@MCKINSEY.COM>

I've finally got cricket working...sort of. When I run grapher.cgi via my
browser, I get an HTML table with two columns, 'Name' and 'Description'
respectively.

Now, for this test setup I'm only monitoring a couple of router-interfaces
on a single router. But I'm getting this router listed in the 'Description'
column for ALL types of interfaces (atm-interfaces, http-performance,
switches, etc.). Why?

Also, the HTML settings I specified under ~/cricket-config/Defaults are not
showing up, and I'm getting default values instead, for example for the
mailto: link for Cricket Admins I'm gettting 'cricket' instead of my e-mail
address.

Finally, I had set up my crontab to collect data every five minutes on
Friday night just before leaving the office. When I came in this morning, I
had over 300 e-mails saying that cricket wasn't able to write to normal.0
in ~/cricket-logs because the file or directory didn't exist. I fixed this
by manually creating the dir, but ideally this should be created during
setup. The other thing is that there was no data in my graphs until I
created the log dir, but IMO not being able to write to a log file
shouldn't prevent the data collection process.

Cheers,
Utsav

Congratulations DALMATIANRESCUE. Our latest ONElist of the week.
To see full story and submit YOUR ONElist story, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/ootw_19.html