Re: [cricket-users] running the collector

From: Tim Kennedy (sugarat@thunderhold.sugarat.net)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 08:48:28 PDT

From: Tim Kennedy <sugarat@thunderhold.sugarat.net>

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Ryan Conolley wrote:

> I edited the config tree to monitor a router, ran the compiler and tried to collect some data but it says that it cant resolve the IP address for the router.
>
> Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Add the IP address to your /etc/hosts file?
Have you verified that both forward and reverse DNS match
for that host? and that everything is spelled correctly?
or that you are using a FQDN for the router?

-Tim

Timothy Kennedy
sugarat.net, Network Management Resources
http://www.sugarat.net

Transfer your big list to ONElist and earn $500!
For program details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/biglistbon_intro.html