Re: [cricket-users] No Hourly Graphs...

From: Matt Duggan (matt@insnet.net)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 12:18:58 PDT

From: Matt Duggan <matt@insnet.net>

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for the reply... I was/am using 1.0.6. I got the patch and followed the
instructions (i.e. copied it to the rrd directory) but upon executing the
install
I get lots of errors like the following:

# gunzip -c 1.0.6-fixes.patch.gz | patch -p1
# Looks like a unified context diff.
Hunk #2 failed at line 4.
Hunk #3 failed at line 34.
Hunk #4 failed at line 76.
Hunk #5 failed at line 78.
Hunk #6 failed at line 109.
Hunk #7 failed at line 276.
Hunk #8 failed at line 339.
Hunk #9 failed at line 382.
Hunk #10 failed at line 424.
Hunk #11 failed at line 15.
Hunk #12 failed at line 113.

etc ....

This normal!? or is it me being dumb! ... it's been a long day!

Thanks for all the help, keep up the good work.

Regards,
Matt.

p.s. I saw the rrdtool demo on the mailing list and think it's great,
would there be any chance of seeing the config files etc for it?

Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> From: Tobias Oetiker <oetiker@ee.ethz.ch>
>
> 7Today you sent me mail regarding [cricket-users] No Hourly Graphs...:
>
> *> From: matt@insnet.net
> *>
> *> Hi,
> *>
> *> I am using the latest version of Cricket and RRDTOOL
> *> on a Sun Ultra 1 (fully patches Solaris 2.6) and
> *> have an odd issue.
> *>
> *> Everything appears to be working fine, however
> *> upon clicking on a target (specifically router-
> *> interfaces) results in a list of ports...great...
> *> but!
> *>
> *> When I click octects to view the graph I get
> *> a screen showing avg, max, cur and the graphs...
> *> but the hourly graph is blank. However Daily
> *> graphs are fine.
> *>
> *> I have tried reinstalling cricket, recompiling,
> *> rebuiling the config-tree, all sorts but still
> *> no luck.
>
> make sure you get the latest rrdtool ...
>
> cheers
> tobi
>
> *> Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
> *>
> *> Regards,
> *> Matt.
> *>
> *> Matt Duggan,
> *> Internet Network Services.
> *> mailto:matt@insnet.net
> *>
> *>
> *> --------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------
> *>
> *> GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
> *> NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR.
> *> Apply online today! http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1
> *>
> *> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *>
>
> --
> /_ __/_ / / (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich
> / // _ \/ _ \/ / TEL: +41(0)1-6325286 FAX:...1517 ICQ: 10419518
> /_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker@ee.ethz.ch http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker

> Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
> With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

Congrats to our GROW TO GIVE winners, ZENtertainment & ROTInews!
http://www.onelist.com
Check out ONElist's latest program, FRIENDS & FAMILY. See homepage.