[cricket-users] Individual Account Access to targets

From: Matt Duggan (matt@insnet.net)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 07:55:03 PDT

From: Matt Duggan <matt@insnet.net>

Hi everyone,

We are currently running the latest versions of cricket and
rrdtool in parallel with a rather old mrtg system.

We have created a user-accounts system on mrtg that uses .htaccess
and .htpasswd files. Users have their own directory with symlinks
to the actual mrtg config files.

This is great in that we can give users views of whatever interface
we need etc.

Now we need to mirror this type of arrangement but using
Cricket/RRDtool.
What I don't want is to basically turn cricket into another mrtg and
generate statics for each target.

I was thinking of something along the lines of using a MySQL database
containing user info, i.e. what targets they can view etc, and then
modifying the grapher.cgi script to look-up what targets are available.

It should then only display those targets etc, if possible hiding the
vars that are being passed in the url.

Any suggestions (or someone who's done it already ;o) would be very
much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Matt.

ONElist: your connection to people who share your interests.