Re: [cricket-users] Switch-ports Description

From: Josh Rivel (jrivel@dti.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 03:45:41 PDT

From: Josh Rivel <jrivel@dti.net>

Michael K. Smith wrote...
> I am using Cricket to monitor the ports on a Catalyst 2924. Is there a way
> to get the "description" field from each of the ports? At present, they
> show up as "1 2 3 ...", so I cannot tell which port belongs to which
> customer.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have included a copy of my config
> file from the switch-ports subdirectory.

Mike -
Here's the config we used, I don't think cricket can get the description
fields automatically, I just manually entered them myself - Here's a snippet
of my config.

target name.of.switch
        target-type = switch-port
        inst=(1..24)
        inst-names = "('PORT1', 'PORT2',
                'PORT3', 'PORT4',
                etc. etc. etc.
                'PORT24')"

Also, does anyone have a working config for a Cisco 2948 switch?
The configuration is different that on a 2924 I'm pretty sure.

Josh

Share your special moments with family and friends- send PHOTO Greetings
at Zing.com! Use your own photos or choose from a variety of funny,
                 cute, cool and animated cards.