[cricket-users] Bug fix for "show max"

From: David Mitchell (mitchell@scd.ucar.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 15:10:59 PDT

From: David Mitchell <mitchell@scd.ucar.edu>

I finally got around to tracking down some bugs in the
grapher.cgi code which display the maximum value for a datasource.

The short version is that in a couple of places, grapher.cgi pushes
the wrong stuff onto the command line for RRD. In the first change,
the $ got left off, so it pushes the name of the variable instead
of it's value. I wasn't actually hitting this bug, but I found it
when I was trying to find the second bug.

The second bug pushes the wrong color onto the command. Instead of
using $clmxCode it uses $colorCode. As a result, no matter how hard
you try and change it, the "max" graph is always the same color as
the "average" graph. Not very useful.

If you are running into this problem, here are diffs of the two changes.
You should probably change them by hand, since I think the line numbers
are a little off due to other changes I've made.

Also, if Jeff Allen or one of the other WebTV folks is on this
list, could you please put this fix in the code so it shows up
in 0.71? Thanks in advance,

-David Mitchell

1369c1371
< push @lines,
"$drawAs:totmx$mod#clmxCode:" .

---
>                                                       push @lines, "$drawAs:totmx$mod#$clmxCode:" .
1388c1390
<                                               push @lines,
"$drawAs:mx$ct#$colorCode:" .
---
>                                               push @lines, "$drawAs:mx$ct#$clmxCode:" .

------------------------------------------- David Mitchell Network Engineer III mitchell@ucar.edu National Center for x1845 Atmospheric Research -------------------------------------------

GET 2 FREE MUSIC CDS AND LOWER YOUR PHONE BILL! ACT NOW! Sign up for Qwest long distance at Shopnow.com and receive 2 free music CDs, huge savings on long distance, plus special deals! Expires 9/30! <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/shopnow1 ">Click Here</a>