[cricket-users] data source/target max

From: roofpig@the.satanic.org
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 12:36:42 PDT

From: <roofpig@the.satanic.org>

        I have some hosts with a 10Mbps interface, and others with
a 100Mbps interface. I would like to be able to set an rrd-max value for
ifInOctets/ifOutOctets for each of these (to squash graph spikes when the
host gets rebooted). It seems that the only way to really achieve this is
to create seperate datasources for each speed, with the appropriate
rrd-max setting in each (i.e., an ifInOctets_10 datasource, and an
ifInOctets_100 datasource, each setting rrd-max differently). Setting
rrd-max for the target itself won't do the trick, since that max value
would get applied to the other datasources as well (ifInUcastPackets,
ifInErrors, etc.)

        It would be useful to be able to set rrd-max for a particular
datasource in a specific target, rather than having to create
different datasources.

thanks

Share your special moments with family and friends- send PHOTO Greetings
at Zing.com! Use your own photos or choose from a variety of funny,
                 cute, cool and animated cards.