Re: [cricket-users] cricket and apache

From: Selena M Brewington (smbrewin@ichips.intel.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 08:45:02 PDT

From: Selena M Brewington <smbrewin@ichips.intel.com>

Stab in the dark, but...

I saw this happen when I created a dictionary loop by doing the following:

        pri = %pri%

I created a subdirectory for ISDN monitoring and put that in there, and then
suffered for a few hours trying to figure out why my grapher was totally
hosed.

-selena

David writes:
> From: David <drhodes@deakin.edu.au>
> > Hi all,
> > Is any one else gettting a "sticky grapher" under cricket. We are
> running apache on a 4 cpu Sun Enterprise 3000 with 3GB of memory running
> solaris 2.6 and every so often the grapher.cgi will appear stuck in the
> run > queue at what seems to be a fair load. i.e.: running top:
>
> PID USERNAME PRI NICE SIZE RES STATE TIME WCPU CPU COMMAND
> 24046 cricket -15 0 7336K 6472K cpu 116:49 24.03% 24.04% grapher.cgi
>
> We can tolerate this for short durations but I am not sure why it should
> continue for so long. No one is viewing graphs at that time and I don't
> believe it should continue to be on the cpu queue for that duration.
> Any thoughts would be helpful.
> Cheers
> David

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make $$$ by referring friends.