Re: [cricket-users] Improving SNMP collection

From: James R Grinter (jrg@blodwen.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 15:31:42 PDT

From: jrg@blodwen.demon.co.uk (James R Grinter)

On Tue 26 Oct, 1999, jrg@blodwen.demon.co.uk (James R Grinter) wrote:
>As a bit of a temporary hack, I've implemented (and am currently
>testing) a "deadhost" check in snmpUtils.pm, which will add the
>host/port combination into a list of non responding hosts.

Ok, patch for cheap and cheerful 'deadhost' implementation, subject
to the caveats I spoke of before:

        <URL:http://www.gbnet.net/~jrg/cricket/snmpUtils.pm.diff>

Also, digging through the archives at onelist (dreadful interface) I
found someone's pointers to how to get the max-plotting working
correctly (the subject of a recent discussion)

Firstly, apply this patch (which also fixes a problem I had with failure.gif)
        <URL:http://www.gbnet.net/~jrg/cricket/grapher.cgi>

and then put the following in any graph section that you wish to plot
maximums for:

        graph <whatever>
                show-max = true
                max-color = <what-colour>

or it will pick the first colour and shift all the rest along if you
don't (but if you've hard coded any, anywhere, that's not good)

You don't have to alter the default in the code to get it to work, as
another poster implied.

James.

       Thinking about putting your business on the Web?
MindSpring Biz has helped over 100,000 businesses get their .com.
             Join MindSpring Biz and save $50!