Re: [cricket-users] Saving 5 min samples

From: shanman@shanman.net
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 08:36:01 PST

From: shanman@shanman.net

Assuming that you are doing 5 minute polls, you could add an average CF
RRA:
rra TotMonthAvg AVERAGE:0.5:1:8064

and maybe a max RRA:
rra TotMonthMax MAX:0.5:2:4032

Then you need to add them to the targetType dicts that you will be using.
The default target type lists:
rra = "5minAve, 30minAve, 2hrAve, 2hrMax, 1dayAve, 1dayMax"

So, you need to overwrite the 5MinAve with the TotMonthAvg. And the
30minAve as well since you are basically covering the same period. So:
rra = "TotMonthAvg, TotMonthMax, 2hrAve, 2hrMax, 1dayAve, 1dayMax"

This will grow your rrd file quite dramatically. So, try it on a test
datasource first. I haven't had good success with resizing current rrd
files with new rra's. So, I recommend you archive your old rrd's (if you
have a lot of data in them), and let cricket create new ones.

Shannon

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Mark Skinner wrote:

> From: "Mark Skinner" <mskinner@verio.net>
>
> Has anyone added or configured RRD to save _All_ the 5 min samples?
> I am hoping to save all the samples for a month to calculate 95% percentile
> values.
> also, it would be nice to calculate from the beginning of the month the
> current 95% percentile and put that on the graph as a bright red line.
>
> thanks
>
> Mark

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make $$$ by referring friends.