[cricket-users] Choosing switch-ports by instance 'short-desc'?

From: Tod E. Kurt (tod@goto.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 12:11:30 PST

From: "Tod E. Kurt" <tod@goto.com>

Hi!

We've several switches, with many ports, each one with an accurate
description ('ifDescr') of what's plugged into it.

In 'cricket-config/switch-ports/switches', my config is really simple:

  target --default--
          inst=(1..24)

  target switch-01
  target switch-02

The resulting interface in 'grapher.cgi' is nice and clean, but only
displays the port numbers and not the descriptions.

Is there some easy way of mapping 'ifDescr' to port number for display
purposes only?

I'd still like the RRD databases to reference things by port number (the
ports stay the same, but what plugged into them changes)

Thanks,
-=tod

--
tod@alumni.caltech.edu             tod@goto.com