RE: [cricket-users] Spike suppression

From: Bert Driehuis (driehuis@playbeing.org)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 07:44:29 PST

From: Bert Driehuis <driehuis@playbeing.org>

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Jeff Younker wrote:

> It's also useful to know that versions of RRDTool below 1.0.10 have a bug
> which can generate spurious spikes. This bug is only present on certain
> architectures, but if you're getting spikes at random points not related to
> variable roll over then upgrade RRDTool to 1.0.10.

Sorry for not pointing this out! I think everyone should upgrade to 1.0.10
(even though not all operating systems are affected by the fseek issue,
because it is a POSIXly grey area, I'd rather be safe than sorry). The
random spikes I saw all were traceable to agent restarts.

Cheers,

                                -- Bert

--
Bert Driehuis
I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature and help me spread!

Hey Freelancers: Find your next project through JobSwarm! You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends. <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/jobswarm1 ">Click Here</a>