[cricket-users] Ping Response time.

From: Grimshaw Stuart (stuart.grimshaw@blackburn.gov.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 03:29:18 PST

From: Grimshaw Stuart <stuart.grimshaw@blackburn.gov.uk>

For your consumption, my first attempt at a Perl script in nearly 2
years (save for a little debugging the other week)

Installing & setting up Netsaint this week I was struggling to get a
router to report that it was live (even though I KNEW it was), it turned
out that I was trying to make it too sensitive.

As a result, I wanted to get Cricket to record the average ping resonse
time, here is my perl script, and a Cricket Defaults file to do it...

Please note the -c 4 option when calling ping. You can replace the 4
with any number you like, but if you ommit it, it will go on and on.

The Defaults file is very basic as well.

I welcome ANY comments, good or bad.

Stuart Grimshaw,
System Administrator,
Community, Leisure & Cultural Services Dept.
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.

t:01254 587235
f:01254 660236

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.