Re: [cricket-users] Defaults file problem

From: Jeff Allen (jra@corp.webtv.net)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 15:52:28 PDT

From: Jeff Allen <jra@corp.webtv.net>

Timothy Kennedy wrote:
> Ok folks. Here's one for you.
> It relates to being able to add new entries under the
> Target --default-- line in the Defaults file under
> the router-interfaces subtree.

OK, I'm not certain I can solve this 100% for you without playing with
it myself (and, thank God, I don't normally have to deal with frame,
in addition to the rest of the stuff around here).

First, the map() trick only works with the tag named 'inst'. So that's
why things aren't working for you -- you were expecting it to work for
any tag. Gotcha! (Sorry, I wasn't trying to getcha...)

The question is, can you use map() to solve your problem?

I think you can. Bascially, the interface table in a Cisco router with
an interface with frame relay on it looks like this:

                1 Serial0
                2 Serial0.1
                3 Serial0.2

So, you should be able to set inst to map(interface-name) and set
interface-name to Serial0.2, and then inst will get set to 3. I know
you have the right data to be able to put "Serial0.2" into the target
file, since your example shows you were ready to do that with frhost
and frinst. In fact, if you really want to keep using frhost and
frinst, you can do this:

                instance-name = "%frhost%.%frinst%"

Assuming you are using the default ds-sources, this will result in an
OID being created that works right.

However, I think I can tell from the OID's you are getting that your
ds-source looks something like this:

                ds-source = snmp://%snmp%/ifInOctets.%frhost%.%frinst%

That would seem to be your problem.

--
Jeff R. Allen                   |   jra@corp.webtv.net (work)
WebTV Networks, Inc.            |   jeff.allen@acm.org (personal)