Re: [cricket-users] [Q] Cricket collect server/workstation CPU, Memory, etc.

From: Greg Kulosa (greg@gnac.com)
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 11:37:06 PDT

From: Greg Kulosa <greg@gnac.com>

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone configured cricket to collect CPU, Memory, Filesystem info
> for, say UCD Snmp agent or NT Snmp agent ? If so I would appreciate to
> get a copy of the configuration tree. Otherwise is there doc on how to
> create those configuration tree ?

Yep, we have created one here that works with the UCD SNMP agent.
(Thanks to Emmett Hogan for doing most of the work :-)

We are using UCD-snmp-3.6.1 on Solaris machines, and collecting the following:

- Ethernet stats (in/out octets, bytes, errors)
- Load average (1, 5, 15 min)
- Memory/swap
- Disk partition Bytes used and Percent used. (You get to specify the partition)

The things it does NOT do yet that I would still like are:

- CPU (idle, system, user)
- # context switche
- Page in/out
- Disk I/O
- Number of runnable/blocked, etc. processes

I have been waiting until I can figure out a few more of the above before
I submit this new tree to Jeff.

But, I can send you what I have if you REALLY want.

--
Greg A. Kulosa          | "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Systems Administrator   |  late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh