RE: [cricket-users] Possible feature?

From: Berg, Ivan (iberg@montana.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 09:46:27 PDT

From: "Berg, Ivan" <iberg@montana.edu>

Ok, I am here to renew this topic :)

I have talked with Tobias regarding spikes in graphs due to counter reset,
he informs me that you can user rrdtool with the tune option to set a min
value of 0 in order to avoid negative changes. Does anybody here understand
the way cricket stores data in the rrd files enough to incorporate something
into cricket that would set required min values to 0.

It seems that you would probably want to set all datasources and round robin
arrays(multiple ones per file) to a min of 0. However, after exporting one
of my data files to xml it seems that there is multiple RRA's for average,
max, etc.. and I am not sure if it would be safe to set all those to 0.

Attention ONElist list owners.
http://www.onelist.com
We've just added a "NO ATTACHMENTS" option. See homepage for details.