Re: [cricket-users] Cat. 5500 switch-ports

From: Stephen Carville (carville@ugsolutions.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 19:44:24 PDT

From: Stephen Carville <carville@ugsolutions.com>

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, you wrote:
-From: Tom Caton <Tom.Caton@motorola.com>
-
-Hi,
-
-I apoligize if this is an obvious question - I'm a new cricket user.
-
-But I want to monitor the traffic on the ports of our Cisco Catalyst
-5500 switch (it has 5 modules located in odd numbered slots).
-
-How do I go about setting the "inst" tag for this? Port numbering
-doesn't seem to be a simple linear numbering scheme (like for the Cat
-1900...). The switch itself numbers ports like "1/1" (for module 1, port
-1).
-

If you need to map a slot/port id to an interface number in the MIB
try using:

snmpwalk <switch IP> <public> ifMIB.ifMIBObjects.ifXTable.ifXEntry.ifName

--
Stephen Carville
Renaissance Geek

Does Windows keep ""bugging"" you? Can't get that PowerPoint slide to fit? Get FREE real-time live expert support over the Internet at expertcity.com. <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/expertcity7 ">Click Here</a>