[cricket-users] CDEF fixes

From: Bert Driehuis (driehuis@playbeing.org)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 13:28:17 PST

Apologies if you see this twice; I already posted it yesterday through
ONElist's web site but it never showed up (must've done something
wrong).

Anyway.

The "scale" attribute does not allow the full flexibility of the RPN
grammar, because it is a datasource attribute and the dsN assigned to it
depends on the view. This is a bummer, because it precludes doing things
like

datasource HttpHits
        ds-source = snmp://%snmp%/HttpHits

graph HttpHits
        scale = 100000,GT,UNKN,ds0,IF

because if HttpHits happens to be the second line in the view, it would
assign the wrong value. The attached diff allows for this syntax:
        scale = 100000,GT,UNKN,ds#,IF

I didn't go the last mile of handling the displayed value in the textual
summary as well, if this thing stands a fighting chance of going in I'm
more than happy to do the legwork for that as well.

Incidentally, the reason I need it is that the squid config tree that
comes with Cricket 0.70 in conjunction with RRDTOOL 1.0.8 will plot a
ridiculous value when Squid is restarted. Of course, I'd just as soon
fix that, but hey, this patch may serve a more general goal :-)

Cheers,

                                -- Bert

--
Bert Driehuis -- driehuis@playbeing.org -- +31-20-3116119
The grand leap of the whale up the Fall of Niagara is esteemed, by all