Re: [cricket-users] Multiple targets

From: Matthew Stier (Matthew.Stier@tddny.fujitsu.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 10:27:23 PDT

From: Matthew Stier <Matthew.Stier@tddny.fujitsu.com>

I solved this problem for myself, by copying the BER.pm file to Cricket's lib
directory and modified the pretty_print() subroutine to return via
pretty_unsignedlike(), instead of pretty_uptime() when the result was an
uptime_tag.

    return pretty_uptime ($packet) if $result == uptime_tag;

becomes

    return pretty_unsignedlike ($packet) if $result == uptime_tag;

Since the Cricket library is searched before the Perl installation library,
it fixed the problem for Cricket, without interfering with other
applications.

Of course, if you update Cricket, or the SNMP_Sessions module, you need to
remember to update the custom copy of BER.pm

--
Matthew Lee Stier                  *  Fujitsu Network Communications
Unix Systems Administrator         |  Two Blue Hill Plaza

Having difficulty getting "in synch" with list members? http://www.onelist.com Try ONElist's Shared Calendar to organize events, meetings and more!