Re: [cricket-users] Re: Cricket & IP

From: Jeff Allen (jra@corp.webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 22:50:54 PDT

From: Jeff Allen <jra@corp.webtv.net>

Utsav Ratti wrote:
> Sorry Jeff, I should have been clearer. I need to reference a router
> I'm trying to monitor via its IP address instead of hostname because
> it doesn't have a hostname assigned and it would be a bit of a pain

What you want to do would look like this:

        target nameless-router
            snmp-host = 10.0.0.1
            ...etc...

Basically, the key is setting snmp-host. Normally it gets set to
%auto-target-name%, which would be "nameless-router" in this case. By
setting snmp-host at the leaf node, you override the useless setting
from higher in the tree.

--
Jeff R. Allen              |  jra@corp.webtv.net
WebTV Service Engineering  |  http://www.munitions.com/~jra