[cricket-users] archiving data

From: Richard Misenheimer (richm@ncren.net)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 13:28:26 PDT

From: Richard Misenheimer <richm@ncren.net>

i currently have cricket 0.69 and rrdtool 1.03 running under solaris 7.
i'm migrating from mrtg, so i've used the example configurations and
they've worked great so far.

i now have a new requirement. in addition to the "mrtg-style" of
configuration, i need to keep my five minute interval data for at least
a year. yes, i need to archive my data.

so i looked at the Defaults file and i saw the following lines:

# one point per 5 minutes, spanning 50 hours
rra 5minAve AVERAGE:0.5:1:600

would i be able to change the 600(50 hrs) above to a big number, like
105120 (1year) and still get my mrtg-style graphs? or would i need to
have another subtree (hence, another Defaults file) to collect this
archive data? or do i run another instance of cricket? or should i just
load mysql and xfer my rrd numbers into there for later inspection?

any experience or pointers gratefully accepted.

--
Richard Misenheimer
richm@ncren.net

Congratulations GENEVINCENT. Our latest ONElist of the week. For full story and to submit yours, go to <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/ootw23 ">Click Here</a>