Re: [cricket-users] OID for cisco 2900

From: Ivan Berg (opjib@gemini.oscs.montana.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 16:05:59 PST

From: Ivan Berg <opjib@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>

Try doing walks further up the tree to see if that OID really exsists.
You might also try the version options when doing the walk.

SNMPv1 always returns OID not found even when other errors occur.
In other words, it's error description is not descriptive at all and is
misleading.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, George Hong wrote:

> From: George Hong <ghong@iasiaworks.com>
>
> Thanks, Ivan. After adding the leading ".", it came back with:
> Error in packet
> Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
> This name doesn't exist: enterprises.9.9.87.1.5
>
> What could be wrong?
> Good day.
> --George
>
> Ivan Berg wrote:
>
> > Add a leading "." to the OID
> > Consult the man page for the snmp utility to find out why

> > On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, George Hong wrote:
> >
> > > From: George Hong <ghong@iasiaworks.com>
> > >
> > > Hi Hugo,
> > > Thanks for the tip. I went to the site and find the MIB for 2900 under pub/oid
> > > directory. snmpget doesn't return the value, any suggestion?
> > > Here is the log:
> > >
> > > "c2900BandwidthUsage" "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.87.1.5"

> > > Error in packet
> > > Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
> > > This name doesn't exist: system.sysUpTime.6.1.4.1.9.9.87.1.5
> > >
> > > Try snmpwalk, nothing either.
> > >
> > > Thanks a bunch in advanced.
> > > --George Hong
> > >

> > > Hugo Gayosso wrote:

> > > Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
> > > You can even make money by referring friends.

> Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
> You can even make money by referring friends.

  Hey Freelancers: Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.