Re: [cricket-users] Empty Graphs

From: David Koski (dkoski@noc.ns.itd.umich.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 08:04:12 PDT

From: David Koski <dkoski@noc.ns.itd.umich.edu>

Has anyone else come up with anything more on this? I worked with Tobias
and could not reproduce the failure outside of cricket, so I'm at a loss
myself. I many times to use a failed rrd with the correct strings from
cricket to get it to fail but it always graphed right for me. I've also
upgraded and made the appropriate changes using 1.0.0 of rrdtool and still
have the same problems. I'm at a loss to explain it.

        David

UMNet MichNet Merit RSNG
dkoski@umich.edu Technologist
Unix Administration Technical Team Leader
Phone: (734)/647-8993 Network Operations Center
                                   U of M Information Technology Division

On 14 Jul 1999 pat.west@lmco.com wrote:

> From: pat.west@lmco.com
>
> Hello Folks,
>
> I have had some luck in getting the empties to go away
> by changing the ranges for the Hourly and Weekly graphs
> in grapher.cgi.
>
> Example...
>
> sub getRanges {
> my($scales) = @_;
> $scales = "d:w:m:y" unless (defined($scales));
>
> # these definitions mirror how MRTG 2.5 sets up its graphs
> my(%scaleMap) = ( 'd' => $main::kHour * 36,
> 'w' => $main::kDay * 10,
> 'm' => $main::kWeek * 5,
> 'y' => $main::kMonth * 16);
>
> In the example I have changed the definition of 'd' to 36 hours from 42
> and 'm' from 6 weeks to 5. It seems to work more consistently this way.
> I don't understand why, but it does.
>
> -Pat West

> Attention ONElist list owners.
> http://www.onelist.com
> We've just added a "NO ATTACHMENTS" option. See homepage for details.

Books, music, auctions, and more. Amazon.com!